The University of Konstanz, Germany invites applications from meritorious candidates for The ZUKOnnect Fellowships for Scholars from Africa, Asia & Latin America 2020.
The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university.
As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Computer & Science Information
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of History, Sociology, Empirical Educational Research, and Sports Science
- Department of Literature, Arts and Media Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Politics and Public Administration
- Department of Economics
The start date is between September 1st, 2020 and October 1st, 2020. Up to 5 (post-) doctoral stipends are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months) and are based at the Zukunftskolleg.
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for an additional 6 months.
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 years of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent.
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
How to Apply?
Applications should include:
- Motivation letter (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university as well as a precise time plan for your stay)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates (doctoral certificate or a letter of your supervisor commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis)
- A reference letter from your home university will strengthen the application.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is February 28, 2020.
Phone Number: + 49 (0)7531/ 88 – 5686
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org