Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellows in the Zoological Survey of India in HQ, Kolkata, and regional centers.
The position is for a period of one year and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated or renewed based on performance.
Post-Doctoral Fellow (05)
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Zoology/ Life Sciences from a recognized University in India and having 3 years of research/ teaching experience (duration of Ph.D. to be considered as research experience) in a recognized Institution/ University after M.Sc. with at least two research papers in Science Citation Indexed (SCI journal).
- Research experience in taxonomy, systematics, zoology or allied subject supported by publications, field survey experience in nature and wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection, and statistical analysis.
The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and experience. Mere possession of qualification and experience may not entertain a candidate called for interview or selection. Although, there is an indication for a number of vacancies, the Director, ZSI reserve the rights for a selection of any number of candidates.
Rs. 47,000/- Admissible HRA (As per rules) per month, Rs. 49,000/- & Rs. 54,000/- subsequent years based on performance and recommendations of the committee.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Applications must be accompanied by a Fee in the form of an Account Payee Bank Demand Draft (Rs. 400/- for general candidates, Rs. 200/- for OBC candidates and Rs. 100/- for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes/ PH candidates) in favor of Pay and Accounts Officer (BSI/ ZSI), 234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace Complex, Kolkata-20.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth, etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) to The Director, Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata by Speed Post/ Registered Post.
- Candidates should superscribe “Application for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow” on the top of the envelope.
- The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.