Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) and Senior Research Fellows (SRFs) in the Zoological Survey of India in HQ, Kolkata, and regional centers.
The position is for a period of three years and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated on completion of the project. On Completion of two years, the JRF will be Senior Research Fellow (SRF) based on satisfactory performance and assessment through the expert committee.
The Zoological Survey of India, founded on 1 July 1916 by the Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, as premier Indian organization in zoological research and studies to promote the survey, exploration, and research of the fauna in the country.
Junior Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow (20)
- For JRF: Master’s degree in Zoology/ Life Sciences with Zoology as a major subject in undergraduate course from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks. Research experience in taxonomy, systematics,
zoology or allied subject, field survey experience in wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection, scuba diving and snorkeling, mountaineering, etc.
- For SRF: Master degree in Zoology/ Life Sciences with Zoology as a major subject in undergraduate course from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks. At least one publication in SCI Journal and should have completed at least two years of post-M.Sc. research experience. Research experience in taxonomy, systematics, zoology or allied subject, field survey experience in wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection, scuba diving and snorkeling, mountaineering, etc.
The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and experience. Mere possession of qualification and experience may not entertain a candidate called for interview or selection. Although, there is an indication for a number of vacancies, the Director, ZSI reserve the rights for a selection of any number of candidates.
- For JRF: Rs. 12,000/- + Admissible HRA (As per rules)
- For SRF: Rs. 14,000/- + Admissible HRA (As per rules)
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Applications must be accompanied by a Fee in the form of an Account Payee Bank Demand Draft (Rs. 400/- for general candidates, Rs. 200/- for OBC candidates and Rs. 100/- for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes/ PH candidates) in favor of Pay and Accounts Officer (BSI/ ZSI), 234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace Complex, Kolkata-20.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth, etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) to The Director, Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata by Speed Post/ Registered Post,
- Candidates should superscribe “Application for the post of JRF/ SRF” on the top of the envelope.
- The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Junior Research Fellow at IIIT Allahabad: Apply by Sep 20.