Applications are invited for the Z Zurich Foundation Scholarship 2022 to attend the One Young World Summit.
About the Scholarship
The Z Zurich Foundation empowers vulnerable people to better protect themselves from risk, and to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing world. We aspire for a more equal world where everyone has independence, choice and power over their own futures.
The Z Zurich Foundation’s pillars of adapting to climate change, improving mental wellbeing, and enabling social equity aren’t causes we picked at random. We believe the key to creating a better future is connection – fostering relationships between those in the know and those most in need and together tackling society’s challenges from the ground up. This is why we are committed to supporting impactful leaders to participate the annual One Young World Summit, the world’s most international forum for young leaders.
The Z Zurich Foundation Scholarship 2022 will enable 16 young leaders working across the Foundation’s pillars to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place in Tokyo, Japan from 16 – 19 May.
If you are a young leader working to tackle climate change and its impacts on vulnerable people; champion mental wellbeing or create a more equal society, this scholarship could be for you.
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
- Access to additional scholarship programming organised by Z Zurich Foundation. This programming is likely to include pre and post One Young World Summit including calls and meetings with the wider Zurich Insurance Group delegation, as well as the chance to pitch for funding that can help increase your impact.
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo on a shared basis between 15 and 19 (inclusive) May.
- Return air travel.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues in Tokyo.
- Aged 18 to 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022.
- Passion for local and global issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating positive change.
- Willingness to engage and collaborate with fellow scholarship recipients and employees of Zurich who are also attending the Summit.
- Demonstrated impact in a field aligned with the work of the Z Zurich Foundation namely:
- Adapting to Climate Change
- Improving Mental Wellbeing
- Enabling Social Equity
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Dec 15, 2021