The Yves Rocher Foundation recognized public-interest whose head office is located at Forêt Neuve – Glénac – La Gacilly, France is to organize a photography competition as part of its Photo, Peuples & Nature programme.
The award was granted, for the sixth time, to a professional photographer wishing to conduct a report on issues in the area of the environment, relationships between humans and the earth, or major challenges for sustainable development. The Yves Rocher Foundation will have presented the award, with prize money of €8000, at the Visa pour l’Image evening show on Saturday, September 5.
Candidates are required to meet the following:
- Be a professional photojournalist
- be able to write and speak French or English.
- The jury, comprising figures from the world of photography and the environment, will meet at the end of June 2020 to select a winner. The winner will be announced at an award ceremony during the International Festival of Photojournalism, Visa pour l’Image-Perpignan, on September, 5th 2020.
- The winner will receive the € 8,000 award in two instalments: half in July 2020 to help get the project underway and the balance in September 2020 during the award ceremony.
How to apply?
Submit an application file via FTP, comprising:
- A curriculum vita.
- A cover letter describing the candidate’s project for a photo story (no longer than 1 typed page). It is vital that this cover letter contains no information that might identify the candidate.
- A provisional budget for funding the photo story.
- A completed photo story in black and white or color: between 12 and a maximum of 20 images (see Accepted format).
- Scanned images from publications may be included.
- The signed application form.
- A copy of a document proving the candidate’s identity.
- A signed statement attesting that the candidate is a professional photojournalist.