The SOUTH ASIAN YOUTH SUMMIT 2017 will take place in Bhubaneswar City, Odisha, Republic of India from September 17 – 20, 2017. The cross cutting theme of SOUTH ASIAN YOUTH SUMMIT 2017 is “Creating a Sustainable Future: Empowering Youth with Sustainable Opportunities”.
International Youth Committee realizes that the development of the SAARC nations depend largely on the opportunities provided for the youth and in the building of their skills, in order for them to use them in a timely, appropriate fashion. The South Asian Youth Summit 2017 will act as a platform to increase the areas of cooperation in the field of youths for better ties and economic prosperity amongst the SAARC nations.
We believe that with the involvement of youth in every movement of decision making processes will enhance the region both economically and in bringing of peace and ending terrorism. We need a common youth voice by creating a common platform to begin the campaign.
- The international youth delegates will be selected according to these criteria:
- Between 18 and 30;
- Well versed in current national/international youth policies and/or development debates;
- Willing and motivated to prepare the South Asian Youth Summit together with other young people through involving in/conducting consultations to take other young people’s views to the South Asian Youth Summit;
- Willing to ensure follow-up to the South Asian Youth Summit through dissemination of outcomes and taking part in the implementation of the outcome document;
- Able to work in English;
- Supported by an organization /community that can endorse you as a delegate (whenever possible)
The Participation Fee is based on the chosen platform of participation; the chosen price offer period and type of accommodation.
The organizers of the South Asian Youth Forum, the IYC, are a non-governmental and non-profit organization. Thus, we regret to inform you that we or our partners are not able to provide participants with any scholarships.
Participants should find the funds to cover their Participation Fee by themselves. However, we could provide an applicant with a supporting letter for searching a sponsor.
|Price offer is valid:||Price (USD) Without Accommodation||Price (USD) With Accommodation (Double Sharing)|
|1st February – 15th May 2017||100||250|
|15th May – 15th August 2017||150||300|
|15th August – 15th September 2017||300||600|
For registration and other details, please visit this link.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.