Applications are now invited from creative and imaginative individuals for joining the design team for the Youth STEM Summit 2020.
This virtual event will bring together youth globally for a series of talks, panels, and workshops, and YOU can be part of it!
They are looking for a diverse team of 8 young people (ages 13-24), who each have different skills and strengths. Whether you’re good at planning and organizing, can use social media like a pro, want a new opportunity to use your video editing skills, or just want to share your ideas as part of a team, feel free to apply.
- Gain new skills and meet new people.
- Use your free time to do something that will make the world a better place.
- Receive a personalized reference from the Founder & CEO.
- Gain experience in planning an event, and develop skills such as teamwork, organization, event management, and effective communication.
- Be able to use their involvement as volunteering hours, or to count towards external awards (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh).
- Get to be part of creating an awesome event!
You don’t need any previous experience in designing events to apply as they are looking for people who are committed to our mission, and are ready to try new things and get involved.
- No previous experience in designing events is needed.
- All young people aged 13-24.
How to Apply?
You will also be asked to answer 3 questions, as follows:
- About You: Tell them about your skills, knowledge, and experience. They don’t just want to know what you’ve done. They want to know how you did it and how that shows us that you can do this role. Answers should be a maximum of 1500 characters.
- Why Them?: Tell them what has motivated you to apply for this role at Youth STEM Matters. Answers should be a maximum of 1000 characters.
- Why You?: This is your chance to tell us what you can bring to the role – tell them about you as a person and how that will make you suited to the role you have applied for. Answers should be a maximum of 1000 characters.
The Design Team will meet regularly (virtually of course!), and you need to be able to commit up to 4 hours per week, from mid-August to mid-October 2020.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 7, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.