The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019.
About the Workshop:
The one-week Workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship and human rights.
While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels.
Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
- To deepen youth leaders’ understanding of global citizenship and human rights.
- Provide a forum for participating youth leaders to discuss and establish action plans suitable for the implementation of GCED at local, national, and regional levels.
- To identify innovative youth-led initiatives on GCED in different regions.
- Youth participants’ capacity enhanced in implementing GCED at local and global levels.
- Increased commitment of youth participants in fostering global citizenship and human rights.
- Action plans developed by sub-groups for the implementation of follow-up activities.
- Regional youth initiatives identified in cooperation with the GCED Youth Network.
- Last date of application: March 31.
- Notification to selected candidates: April 8.
- Duration: June 3 – 9, 2019.
Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Click here to apply.
- Email: Training[at]unescoapceiu.org
- Telephone: +82-2-774-3956 (ext. 802)