Youth Ki Awaaz is one of India’s largest justice media platform. YKA represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. A platform built for and by the people, Youth Ki Awaaz democratizes the media by putting you at the center of it.
With a reach of 20+million over social media and 4 million monthly readers, YKA provides spaces to the unheard voices. Thousands of writers publish articles, op-eds, news and columns to share stories on things that matter and can create an impact.
YKA is looking for budding editors and college graduates for a six month paid Editorial Fellowship beginning in June 2018.
The fellowship is a full-time position based out of YKA’s office in Noida. All fellows will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 12,000.
If you’re keen on working with a young newsroom and want to understand what goes behind the scenes in a journalism organization, and if you like to point out mistakes in articles, then this is one of the best opportunity you should definitely apply for.
What you’ll do
- Gain practical experience of working in a newsroom and learn about editorial processes.
- Be trained to edit and shape varied issue-based articles on YKA published by our community of users.
- Gain first-hand experience of working in a media house.
- Get mentored by experienced editors.
- Play a crucial role in YKA’s daily editorial efforts.
- Receive training on how to design and execute your own editorial campaigns.
- Learning how to shape content that starts a conversation.
Who we’re looking for
We look for applicants who are committed and driven individuals. The fellowship pushes you to enhance yourself, your writing and editing skills, as well as your communication skills. We are looking for someone with an eye for detail; creativity, curiosity, eagerness to learn, love for poring over data and good email writing skills. Please apply only if you think you fit the bill and can commit to full-time work for the entire duration.
Last date to apply: June 30, 2018.
For queries, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For official website and online application, click here.