Set in the technological hub of Shanghai, China, the International Summer School is designed to foster leadership, human values and a sense of social responsibility. Through a harmonious combination of educational and cultural exchange programs, participants will leave the event feeling empowered and inspired to generate positive change within their communities.
A series of informative keynotes, case studies and highly-interactive workshops will help attendees to gain insight on the different strategies and technologies used in the development and transformation of smart cities and societies. Participants will also be encouraged to consider their own roles and responsibilities in regard to the sustainable future of the planet.
- Young people ranging in age from 18 to 35 years old;
- Evidence of strong social responsibility and commitment;
- Fluency in English required;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
How to apply
In order to apply, applicants should fill in the application form given here whereby they will attach their CV and one-minute motivational video answering the following questions:
- What do understand by the terms “Smart City” and “Smart Society”?
- What is you motivation for applying to the International Summer School in Shanghai?
- How will you implement the knowledge and skills you will gain from the International Summer School in Shanghai?
The program is partially funded. Program, informal activities, food and accommodation will be covered by organizers. Participants are responsible for their visa and travel expenses. The participation fee is 150 EUR. (About ₹12,000)
Deadline to apply is 6th of May, 2018.
For official website link, click here.