We are pleased to see your interest in applying for YOUNGO Global South Scholarships (GSS 2017)
The GSS 2017 shall cover all costs of travel (to and fro international tickets), accommodation, visa, travel insurance fee, food, local transport and other costs for the selected applicants to participate both in the UNFCCC’s 23rd Conference of Parties (COP 23) and the 13th Conference of Youth (COY 13) in Bonn, Germany in November 2017, also providing the selected applicants with online Capacity Building Training sessions about the process, prior to their travel to Bonn.
As a GSS applicant, you must be:
- Between 18 to 35 years old on 31st August 2017.
- Able to secure a formal registration (known as “accreditation”) from the UNFCCC in order to attend both weeks of COP23. Accreditation can only be provided by “admitted observer organizations” (refer to this list) or governments. Without accreditation, it is not possible for you to attend COP23 and thus be able to participate in the GSS.
- A national (hold nationality aka citizenship) of a country belonging to Global South and hold a valid passport.
- And you also ensure us that, you will be available to travel to Germany for the full duration of COY13 and COP23 – that is from 2nd November until the 17th November, 2017 and shall also be able to attend the online Capacity Building Training sessions prior to the conference.
Your application can be counted as invalid if:
- Your details are incomplete/has obvious mistakes,
- Responses exceed the word limits,
- False statements given,
Since the number of applications are expected to be high in number, we would request you to please be precise in your answers. Feel free to use bullet points/write answers pointwise in the paragraph type questions.
If you want to have a look at the overall goals and objectives of GSS, have a look here. Click Here to see if you are eligible to apply.
Deadline: August 24, 2017
- Yugratna Srivastava
Vice-Chair and Program Coordinator
- Timothy Damon
Founder & President
Global Youth Development Institute (GYDI)
Phone: +1 330-206-7553
- Sagar Aryal
Founder & President
Sano Sansar Initiative
Phone: +1 (646) 470-0133
- Julius Schlumberger