The Dialogue in partnership with British Deputy High Commission, Kolkata, presents the Young Thinkers’ Conference in Kolkata, on 11th August 2018, titled “UK, West Bengal & Eastern India – Shared Prosperity for a Shared Future”.
Entry is completely free and refreshments along with lunch will be provided at the venue.
Registration: Click here
It is the British High Commission’s flagship foreign and security policy conference, which brings together the best and brightest experts and young thinkers to discuss a range of issues. The focus will be on the role of West Bengal and East India as a trade and investment hub in South Asia and the potential to trade with the UK.
The conference will also aim to bring together issues that concern the youth of the region and to drive participation from young professionals in order to shape the partnership of West Bengal and the UK for the future.
The objectives of this year’s conference are:
- Explore the geographical location of West Bengal as a leader to drive economic trade and investments with neighbouring countries
- Discuss avenues to enhance connectivity, trade, investment in Bengal and East India with the neighboring countries through policies and technical collaboration
- Foster trade, investment, entrepreneurship and skill-development cooperation between the UK and eastern region of India comprising of Odisha, West Bengal and the north-eastern states
- Technological and educational cooperation between India and UK in new and emerging areas
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities to improve education sector, entrepreneurship and skill development in the state of West Bengal
- Outcome Document comprising of key policy inputs and suggestions from the conference
For details, visit this page.