Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched a special programme for School Children called Young Scientist Programme ‘YUva VIgyani KAryakram’ from this year, in tune with the Government’s vision ‘Jai Vigyan, Jai Anusandhan’. Apply by April 3.
About the Program:
The Program is primarily aimed at imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities.
The program is thus aimed at creating awareness amongst the youngsters who are the future building blocks of our Nation. ISRO has chalked out this programme to “Catch them young”.
The programme will be of two weeks duration during summer holidays (second half of May 2019) and the schedule will include invited talks, experience sharing by the eminent scientists, facility and lab visits, exclusive sessions for discussions with experts, practical and feedback sessions.
It is proposed to select 3 students each from each State/ Union Territory to participate in this programme covering CBSE, ICSE and State syllabus. There are a few seats left for the programme and it is proposed to select through online registration.
Those who have just completed 9th standard (in the academic year 2018-19) and waiting to join 10th Std (or just joined 10th Std) will be eligible for the online registration.
The selection is based on the 8th Standard academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- The selected students will be accommodated in ISRO guesthouses/hostels.
- Expenditure towards the travel of student (II AC fare by train from nearest Rly Station to the reporting centre and back), course material, lodging, and boarding, etc., during the entire course, will be borne by ISRO.
- II AC fare will also be provided to one guardian/parent for drop and pick up of a student from the reporting centre.
Click here to register.
- Online Registration: From March 25 to April 3, 2019.
- Announcement of provisionally selected candidates from each state: April 6, 2019.
- Final selection list: April 13, 2019.
- Program begins: Second half of May 2019.