The contest is organized by Sverdlovsk regional children’s public organization “Lotsman” (“Maritime pilot”) and online magazine “Kid’s Club”. And this year, the organizers included the educational institution – Center for Children and Youth “Sozvezdie” (“Constellation”) (Yekaterinburg, Russia). All are invited to participate in the contest who have already decided to become a journalist or those who just want to try their hands at this interesting and important matter.
We live in a post-industrial, information society. The information in our world is the most important and valuable resource. Journalist – is a person who not only consume, but also creates new flows of information. And to be a creator always honorable. Creators are changing our world!
If you are engaged in a children’s press center, work in the school newspaper editorial – welcome to the contest!
Not engaged in anything out of that, but you believe that you can be interesting to tell about some event, journey, book or movie – you to us!
If you want to expand your portfolio – participate in the contest will not be superfluous. Materials passed selection (not only the winners) will be published on the website “Kid’s Club”, which is a registered media.
The purpose of the contest: development of creativity of children and adolescents, raising their interest in journalism, the education of active life position, engaging young journalists to cooperation with the “Kids club” online magazine. The name of the contest means the invitation to such cooperation and generally to the world of journalism.
The age of participants up to 18 years. Age groups: 1) up to 11 years, 2) from 12 to 15 years, 3) 16-18 years. To enter the contest you need to fill out an application form and sent your work to email email@example.com.
The competition is held in three nominations:
- “Text” — work performed in one of the traditional journalistic genres: article, report, interview, review, correspondence, essay etc.. It is recommended to choose a genre according to age of the participant. Older participants should take up the bigger work. The size of work should correspond to the chosen genre, but must be at least 1500 characters (with spaces). The author’s illustrations may be attached in separate files (photo, diagrams, drawings).
- “Photo” — a photo or series of photos of any genre, predominantly reportage or portrait. It is obligatory to indicate in the application the date and location of shooting, as well as to explain what persons/events you shot. The work in “Photo” nomination can simultaneously be the illustration for work in the category “Text”.
- Video — a video lasting not more than 20 minutes in the genre of reportage or a story about an interesting place or the journey, about the man (including interview) or on any other topic. It is also allowed the video blog with the speech of the author on any interesting subject, outlining his views or telling about some event. Note: please, provide subtitles for your video!
A special invitation to novice bloggers. Welcome to participate in the competition with the typical “blogger” genres like video blog (or stream) or text online report with pictures.
Look for topics in the following areas:
- Topics related to the lives of children, adolescents and youth of your city, region, country.
- Education, career choices.
- Children’s clubs, studios, teams, organizations.
- Interesting event, the witness of which you were, the interesting facts that you discovered for yourself.
- The stories about interesting people with whom you have met, on local attractions, travel and interesting places where you’ve been.
- Review of a book, a play, a movie.
Share knowledge, give advice, review the issue that you care about, tell us about your dream.
Topics related to computer games, politics (not related to children and youth issues) are not recommended.
Evaluation of works and definition of winners is realized by the jury. The jury is approved by the organizers until January 1, 2018.
- All participants will receive certificates of participants (in electronic form, on request).
- The participants who have won 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category in each age group will receive diplomas of winners, as well as optionally the certificate of publication. If the application specified the teacher, who prepared him, the teacher can be awarded a letter of gratitude.
- Works that took the first three places in the rating of the children’s jury may be awarded special diplomas.
- The winners and laureates of the children’s jury are invited to cooperate with online media “Kid’s club” on a regular basis.