Young Professional Programme 2019 by World Trade Organisation, Switzerland [Rs. 2.4Lacs/Month]: Apply by Apr 15
The WTO Young Professionals Programme was launched in 2016 as an opportunity for qualified young professionals from developing and least-developed countries that are members of the WTO to enhance their knowledge regarding WTO and international trade issues.
The programme aims to attract professionals from under-represented countries who can consequently improve their chances of being recruited by the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations. The Programme is part of the Secretariat’s efforts to increase diversity and broaden the representation of the membership.
A candidate must:
- be a national of a WTO member state
- have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work
- be fluent in English. A good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage
- be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.
One year without possibility of extension.
Remuneration and benefits
Participants under the programme receive a monthly salary of CHF 3,500 (Rs. 2,43,858). The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
The request for applications for the Young Professionals Programme is published each year on the WTO e-Recruitment website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. Applicants must submit a letter of motivation along with the completed online application.
Last Date for Application: Apr 15
For any queries, visit the FAQs here
For any further information, visit the page here.
About the Author