Nominations are now invited by The International Water Association, London, UK for the Young Leadership Award 2020
The IWA Young Leadership Award is granted to an exceptional water professional age 35 or younger who has demonstrated significant achievements in his/her career. The awardee has demonstrated outstanding leadership potential and the ability to play a large and influential role in the water industry in the future.
Throughout the two-year tenure as Young Leadership Award holder, he/she takes also the office of Young Leadership Ambassador for the International Water Association and the IWA Young Water Professionals Community.
The International Water Association is an open, yet ordered the platform in which both innovators and adopters of new technologies and approaches can generate creative friction. It is a place for diffusion, benchmarking and evidence.
The YLA is open to water (related) sector professionals who are 35 years or younger and are open to public nominations. Nominees can both be members and non-members of the IWA.
For the Young Leadership Award the following judging criteria apply:
- Vision (25%) – The individual works towards contributing to the water sector and sustainable development and sets goals that are beyond him/herself.
- Initiative (25%) – The individual has taken initiative and responsibility to contribute to sustainable water management and practices by developing new ideas and or opening new possibilities and opportunities
- Motivator (25%) – There is evidence of (voluntary) work/ projects that demonstrates how the individual has motivated (a broad group of) professionals within or beyond the water sector and across disciplines to act towards achieving a common goal and positions the individual as a role model among peers and the wider community.
- Impact on the water sector (25%) – The individual has made an impact on his/her work to influence the water (related) sector – professionals, practices, solutions.
The Young Leadership Award receives a trophy and certificate at The IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition – in front of an audience of water leaders from around the world. She or he will be introduced to IWA Leadership Committees (IWA Board, Strategic Council, Governing Member Committees, Emerging Water Leaders Steering Committee) during the President’s Dinner before the start of the World Water Congress & Exhibition.
How to Apply?
For Round 1:
- The nominator needs to prepare the template.
- Nominator and Nominee – Ensure they are 35 or below
- A Motivation (300- max 500 words) – explaining why your nominee should win the award, addressing all judging criteria.
- A Biography of the nominee (150 words) – describing the nominee.
To submit your nominations, click here. The last date to submit your nominations is April 20, 2020.
For further details, click here.