The world is at the brink of a technological revolution, and India is at the forefront. Technology has fundamentally reshaped how we interact with governments, businesses, and each other. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain have evolved from buzzwords to everyday realities. Our lives have improved dramatically, and tech has enabled us to reach and serve more people, within India and globally, than ever before.
This is a brave new world, and risks and challenges such as algorithmic bias, lack of privacy, digital exclusion, misinformation, and online hate speech, have emerged. Unless contained, these issues can unhinge all the benefits of technology.
Policies and practices to govern technology are being written and re-written now. Choices we make today will determine the trajectory of mankind’s digital future for all times to come. This is why International Innovation Corps and Omidyar Network India are partnering to support the next generation of tech policy thought leaders.
The fellowship aims to foster the next generation of thought leaders in tech policy who can collaborate with policy makers, research organizations, and businesses and inform policies for a people centric digital future for India.
Who is it for
- Fascinated by the interplay of society and tech?
- Looking for unique career opportunities at the intersection of tech and policy?
- interested in learning how policies are formulated?
- Eager to solve social problems through your work?
- An engineer interested in applying your knowledge for impact?
- Interested in responsible tech?
Then you are perfect for this fellowship.
The YLT Fellowship welcomes young professionals from all fields of engineering who are interested in tech policy. The applicant should have completed their undergraduate degree atleast two years ago.
Successful candidates would have a basic understanding of tech policy and a desire to contribute. Applicants must be under 29 years of age as on September 1, 2020.
How to apply
The Innovation Proposal is a chance for you to put yourself in the shoes of tech policy think tanks and demonstrate your critical thinking skills on seemingly over-arching problems. We encourage applicants to be innovative, creative and solution-oriented in sharing ideas.
In your proposal, please address the following:
- Identify the problem: Briefly summarize the problem, including it’s ramifications across multiple sectors.
- Identify a solution: Present a thoughtful, implementable solution that would address the problem as you see it. Explain why you chose this solution, and pay particular attention to how you would implement and scale it.
- Define outcomes: State the intended outcomes and how to measure them.
The proposal should be no longer than 2 pages and must be drafted in the font size 12. The 2 pages also include references and citations. Should you choose to create a PowerPoint presentation or an infographic, please ensure that your submission meets all the requirements listed above. PowerPoint presentations should contain no more than 6 slides. Feel free to use any available resources/information in creating your innovation proposal. Ensure that you cite all the information to its appropriate source.
Click here for the online application page.
Application deadline: May 31, 2020, 11:59 pm IST
For further queries, contact us at email@example.com.
Click here for the official website.