Young Interns program-2019 is an internship program consisting of leveraging skill sets of students of reputed institutions or young entrepreneurs / innovators/ employees of private sector /self – employed professionals / scholars/ educators/ any other on sabbatical leave and simultaneously the individuals gain invaluable insight while working for the state Government departments/ agencies.
The Planning Department is the nodal department and Directorate of Economics & Statistics, Government of Rajasthan is responsible for implementation of the program.
Note: This programme is different from the Rajasthan Yuva Vikas Prerak Programme. For details about RYVP 2019, click here.
- Graduate student in the field of Engineering/ Medical/ Agriculture/ Law from a reputed University.
- Postgraduate student in the field of Development Studies/ International Development/Political Science/ Economics/ Sociology /Public Policy / Finance /Management/ Engineering/ Medical/ Agriculture/ Law/ Communications from a reputed University.
- Young entrepreneurs, innovators, Employees of private firms/ companies /think tanks. Self – employed professionals (Lawyers, Engineers, Doctors, CA, CS, Social Scientists, Educators etc.) Also scholars or educators or any other on Sabbatical leave.
- Excellent communication / presentation / intra –personal skills.
- Well versed information Technology skills ( MS Office including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other similar programs on alternative platforms)
- Age between 18-35 years (as on 01.07.2019).
- 1-2 years of development experience in working with a non –profit, community-based organization, Charity / Philanthropic organization, Aid agencies, Multilateral/ Bilateral agencies etc. will be an advantage.
Program has structured for the time period as follows:
- Internship assignment forming part of training as per the curriculum of a course (Student category): 2-6 months
- Young entrepreneurs / innovators/ employees of private sector/self – employed professionals / scholars/ educators/ any other on sabbatical leave (Sabbatical Leave category): Maximum 2 Years
Directorate of Economics & Statistics will invite applications from prospective interns and carry out the selection.
Students are required to submit their applications in the prescribed format duly recommended by the head / dean of the institution along with relevant documents. Applications would be essentially accompanied by a statement of purpose (not less than 400 words) highlighting the issue he/ she would like to work upon and the nature of project proposed.
Applications will be scrutinized on the basis of the candidate’s academic record and statement of purpose on the proposed topic of project.
In case of young entrepreneurs / innovators/ employees of private sector/ self – employed professionals/ scholars/ educators/ any other on sabbatical leave, their academic background, area of expertise/ interest, field and quality of innovation and experience shall be given weightage in selection.
Scrutinized applications would be forwarded to the department responsible for sector of interest of intern and department concerned would finally select the interns.
The selected interns will be given a lump –sum stipend of Rs. 15,000 per month if internship taken is less than 3 months and 30,000 per month for the entire period if it is of more than 3 month duration.
Laptop with internet access would be provided. However, interns shall be encouraged to bring their own laptop and mobile for which they will be paid a lump – sum amount of Rs. 2,500 per month.
Interns may also be engaged as a consultant to specific projects.
Local mobility support would be provided by the concerned department and for travel to places outside the head quarters, TA/DA will be given as per rules applicable to Class II officers under Rajasthan TA Rules.
Identity Card / Office Pass will be provided by the concerned department to the interns.
The interns will present their reports to the HoD/ Administrative secretary concerned. The report will be assessed by a committee consisting Director, HCM RIPA; The concerned Administrative Secretary and an expert nominated by Director, HCM-RIPA.
A certificate will be awarded to each intern on completion of the internship by the Harish Chandra Mathur Rajasthan Institute of Public Administration.
No certificate will be awarded if the intern leaves the assignment before completion. State Government reserves the right to terminate any internship at any point of time without any obligation to cite reasons.
How to apply
Application Submission Last Date: 30th April, 2019 up to 11:59 P.M [Extended]. After this, the link will be removed from departmental website & Online Recruitment portal.
Call 1800-180-6127 (Help desk 10 am to 6 pm on all working days.)
For official notification, click here and for official website, click here.