About the Programme:
The Young Innovator Program (YIP) of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur provides a platform to the engineering students at the end of their second year to engage in innovative engineering projects with faculty members of IIT Jodhpur during the summer.
The departments at IITJ accepting YIP students are:
- Department of Bioscience & Bioengineering.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering.
- Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Students must have completed their IIIrd Semester of B.E., B.Tech., B.Tech.-M.Tech. Dual Degree with the academic performance of at least 65% or a 7.0 CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- The proposed duration for the program is a minimum of six weeks and a maximum of eight weeks during the summer vacation at IIT Jodhpur.
- The start date is 15 May 2019 and selected candidates are expected to report with necessary documents. A delay of 2-3 days for exceptional reasons such as exams, will be admissible and should be communicated in advance.
- Selected students have to stay on the IITJ campus for a minimum period of six weeks for being eligible to receive the certificate.
Selected participants will be provided with boarding and lodging in the campus on payment of charges as per the Institute rules (approximately Rs. 1200 per week).
Financial assistance of Rs. 2,000 per week will be provided to a few of the selected students based on the recommendation of the YIP selection committee.
How to Apply?
- Click here to apply.
- Applicants must provide a project proposal (in pdf format) and indicate the name of the faculty member of IIT Jodhpur, with whom she/he is interested to work with.
- Last date for submitting On-line Applications: 15 April 2019.
- Announcement of selected students: 25 April 2019.
- Confirmation from the selected Students: 30 April 2019.
- Commencement of the YIP 2019 Program: 15 May 2019.
Phone: (0291) 280 1511