Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Young Global Changemakers (YGC) Award 2021.
About the YGC Award 2021
Young Global Changemakers Award has been introduced to recognize the efforts of inspiring young individuals who with their voluntary, outcome driven and impact-oriented initiatives in social services and various development fields are contributing towards the achievement of the SDGs.
The award serves to inspire young people to act as positive change catalyst in their local community to empower youths both locally and globally. Development work can be within any number of areas, such as skills training, arts and culture, environment protection, education, health and well-being, human rights, technology, sport, science and many more areas.
In order to celebrate the Global week of SDGs the award will be conferred on the third week of September every year by Youth Empowerment Facilitation Global to the youngsters who deserve to be applauded for their contributions towards making this world a better place.
- Young change makers from around the world may apply for the award.
- Applicant must be between the age limit of 18 to 26 years of age as of first August of the application year.
- Must be either a University student or a Graduate or a student of equivalent studies.
- Demonstrate exceptionally recognizable social work or initiatives in the development fields to bring some positive change in local community over the last one year period (July 01, 2020 to June 30, 2021).
- Must have strong commitment to engage in voluntary social and development activities for next 3 years at least.
Candidates will be selected on the following criteria –
- The award secretariat will screen the applications to make a shortlist.
- The panel of judges will evaluate the merit of the shortlisted applications to find the awardees.
- Once shortlisted you have to attend an online short interview (10 minutes maximum) and will be assigned to complete a few instructions.
- The awardees will be announced based on the completion of the assigned tasks and merit of their applications.
- Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
- Due to the current pandemic situation an online award conferment event will be arranged to announce the awardees of 2021.
- Awardees will receive an electronic copy of award certification.
- Photos of each awardee along with a short bio will be published on award website.
- Awardees will receive mentoring, coaching and access to YEF Global’s diverse set of skills and resources.
- Will have the opportunity to connect with other like-minded youth and form a community of support at the YEF Global.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
- Application Open: August 5, 2021
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
- Award Conferment: September 19, 2021