The Policy in Action Program is a project-based four week engagement for university students and young professionals who are keen to explore the fields of public policy and development.
The program is designed to deliver core skills in policy analysis, advocacy and public leadership, along with the experience of working on a live project for a Member of Parliament. With a mix of weekend sessions and remote collaboration, the program schedule is easy to accommodate alongside regular university and work commitments.
- Students enrolled in any undergraduate or postgraduate program
- Young professionals (under 28 years of age)
- Since the primary medium of instruction is English, comfort with the English language is required.
- Rs. 15,000 per participant (excluding tax)
- Fees shall be payable after the selection decision has been communicated to the applicant.
- YLAC shall make arrangements for lunch and refreshments during the sessions
- Applicants travelling from other cities must make their own travel and stay arrangements.
- To support deserving candidates without the means to fund their participation, YLAC will offer need and merit based scholarships to a few selected candidates.
- For the Policy in Action Program, YLAC will offer 50% scholarships to the selected candidates.
- To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must submit an additional essay explaining how they plan to use the learning from the program and why their application should be considered for a scholarship.
- They must also submit contact details of two professors or supervisors at work for reference checks.
- Applications are accepted till 31st July, 2017.
- Interested candidates should submit their responses to the questions given on this page and attach a copy of their latest resume.
- Applications will be processed in two batches.
- Candidates who apply on or before 20th July, 2017 shall be eligible for early decisions.
- For the others, admission decisions shall be announced after the applications deadline of 31st July, 2017.
- In the past, applications to this program have far exceeded the number of seats available. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about the program, please visit the official website link.