The Yale Young Global Scholars Program is a very selective leadership-development program for high school students from around the world. The program is designed to bring together students with the talent, drive, energy, and ideas to make meaningful impacts as young leaders, even before they begin university studies.
Yale Young Global Scholars offers seven intensive, interdisciplinary summer pre-collegiate experiences for 2018: Politics, Law, and Economics; International Affairs and Security; Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship; Applied Science & Engineering; Biological & Biomedical Science; Frontiers of Science & Technology; and Asia in the 21st Century. ATC will be held at Yale Center Beijing in China and all other sessions will be held at Yale University in New Haven, CT.
Click here to avail the full list of sessions and dates.
Students in the program can expect to:
- Hone their abilities to think critically and flexibly;
- Engage productively with a diverse group of peers;
- Explore new and exciting ideas;
- Meet distinguished scholars and practitioners;
- Develop key communications skills.
The YYGS program is open to students, typically between the ages of 15 and 17, who have one or two years of high school to complete after they attend the program. Applicants must be in US Grade 10 or US Grade 11 (or the international equivalent) at the time of application. YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries.
A student in the program must have:
- An excellent academic record.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire and ability to work cooperatively with peers.
- A good work ethic.
- An ability to read, analyze, and reflect on large quantities of difficult material in English.
- High standards of personal and professional conduct.
Tuition for each session of the 2018 Yale Young Global Scholars Program is $6,000 USD, which includes instruction, housing on one of Yale’s historic residential colleges in New Haven or a hotel conveniently located near the Yale Center Beijing in China, three meals per day, and optional health insurance. TRAVEL COSTS ARE NOT INCLUDED in program tuition.
To know about scholarships and financial aid, click here.
- resume / activities list
- official school transcript
- two recommendations
- standardized test scores, if available (these are not required)
- one 500 word essay and two 200 word essays
- $60 application fee
- You must click the Submit button on the last page for your application to be considered.
Application Deadline: February 6, 2018.
Click here to apply online.
Yale Young Global Scholars Program
Office of International Affairs
393 Prospect Street
New Haven, CT
For further details on the same, click here.