Applications are open for Yale Summer Academy Program for Grade 10 and 11 students to be held during July 7-20, 2019. Apply by March 31.
About the Program:
Sponsored by Yale University, the Yale Summer Academy is an immersive, innovative academic experience for high school students, designed to develop the next generation’s top thinkers and change-makers.
During this sought-after program, you’ll spend two weeks applying interdisciplinary knowledge and reasoning to mission-minded planning. Working in groups, you’ll zero in on a social, local or global issue, then collaborate to develop a functional plan to inspire positive change.
The program culminates in a social entrepreneurship focused initiative presented at the Program Symposium held on Yale’s campus, and open to family and friends.
- Must be a Rising Sophomore (2022 graduating class) or Rising Junior (2021 graduating class), that is, Class 10 and 11 to apply.
- Submit an official or unofficial Academic Transcript and Fall 2018 Grades
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- International students who do not receive academic instruction in English will be required to show competency in English. In order of our preference, the student may submit TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, SAT, or letter of recommendation from an English Teacher.
Residential Tuition: Rs 3,63,000 ($5,195).
- Basic application information using our registration form given here.
- Application fee ($60, paid via credit card).
- Student questionnaire (required, extracurricular activities, honors or awards, short answer items).
- Essay (required, explaining your interest in the program in 300 words or less).
- School information (required, including name, address, phone, type, graduation year, and guidance counselor information).
- Academic transcript including Fall grades (required, we accept unofficial and official transcripts).
- Letter of recommendation (we require one letter, may be written by a current or recent teacher, school administrator, employer, mentor, or director of extracurricular activities).
- International students are required to show competency in English. In order of our preference, the student may submit TOEFL, ACT, SAT, IELTS or a letter of recommendation from an English Teacher.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, click here.