The Yale Drama Series is now seeking submissions for its 2021 playwriting competition. The winning play will be selected by the series’ current judge, Paula Vogel. The Yale Drama Series is an annual, international competition for emerging playwrights.
The prize and publication are contingent on the playwright’s agreeing to the terms of the publishing agreement. The Yale Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights.
The winner of this annual competition will be awarded:
- The David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000,
- Publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press,
- A staged reading at Lincoln Center’s Claire Tow Theater.
There is no entry fee. Please follow these guidelines in preparing your manuscript:
- This contest is restricted to plays written in the English language. Worldwide submissions are accepted.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays, with a minimum of 65 pages. Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year. Only manuscripts authored by one playwright are eligible.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. Plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be considered.
- Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Plays must be typed/ word-processed, page-numbered, and in the Professional Play Format.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
Call for Submissions
The Yale Drama Series Competition strongly urges electronic submission. By electronically submitting your script, you will receive immediate confirmation of your successful submission and the ability to check the status of your entry.
To submit your playwrights online, click here. The last date to submit your playwright is August 15, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Entries: NASA CineSpace Short Film Competition 2020 [Total Prizes Upto Rs. 19 L]: Submit by July 16.