In 2006, XMU set up its own scholarships for international students studying in degree programs. Scholarship awardees will have their tuition fees covered. Moreover, monthly living allowances will be provided to outstanding postgraduates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2019):
(1) Bachelor’s degree programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
(2) Master’s degree programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
(3) Doctoral degree programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
Duration of Scholarships
1. Bachelor’s degree programs: 4 or 5 years;
2. Master’s degree programs: 2 or 3 years;
3. Doctoral degree programs: 4 years.
Note: Scholarships recipients’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application guidelines for bachelor’s degree programs: here.
Application guidelines for master’s degree programs: here.
Application guidelines for doctoral degree programs: here.
Applicants are required to apply online: here and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Xiamen University Scholarships (click to download). The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: +86 (0) 592 2180256