The Centre for Writing and Communication (CWC) at Ashoka University is looking for full-time Writing Tutor for the academic year 2019-20.
CWC works closely with the academic community in Ashoka to develop critical thinking, writing and communication skills.
CWC is the largest center in Ashoka working with all the diverse sections that make the Ashoka community: the entire student body (from the undergraduate to graduate students), faculty, staff and other specialized centers in the university.
Role and Responsibilities:
A Writing Tutor works under the direct guidance of the Director, CWC. Their responsibilities include:
- Conducting one-on-one sessions with students, leading group sessions and workshops addressing various aspects of critical thinking, academic writing, and communication.
- Designing learning material to address specific pedagogical needs.
- Leading collaborations with other institutions of higher learning.
- Planning, designing and executing programs including conferences, research forums, and the Summer School.
- Contribute to the daily administrative work and programs of the CWC: documentation and data management, outreach with students, faculty, and administration, creation of publicity material and maintaining a social media presence.
Skills & Education:
- Minimum Qualification: Postgraduate degree in any subject including the Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and technical fields.
- Desired Qualifications: Work experience in any of these fields: research, academic writing, creative writing, journalism, translation, teaching, English-language teaching, visual arts, education, development, editing, publishing, content development. This list is indicative and not exhaustive.
- Experience in creating learning material.
- Ability to work in a team.
9 months-12 months, Working hours: 5 days a week.
All positions are subject to budget approvals.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please submit the following:
1) A cover letter, addressed to the Director, CWC
3) A short writing sample: 800 – 2000 words
4) A short statement of purpose
- The application material is to be emailed as pdf files to cwc[at]ashoka.edu.in with the subject line ‘Application for Writing Tutor’.
- Submission Deadline: 15 June 2019.
- Shortlisting of applications: Will begin in July.
- Work Begins in Mid-August.