*** First published on Aug 24 ***
[UPDATE April 10, 2018]: April 2018 Challenge Updated
What is Write India?
Write India is a collaborative writing initiative by Times Internet Limited (TIL), which will have a set of 10 celebrity authors writing the passage of short stories. These passages will be later opened to public for completion. Every month we will select one winner from the entries received with the help of the ‘Celebrity Author of the Month’.
This Campaign is valid for users who are Indian citizens entitled to enter into any contract and are aged 18 years and above.
Participants below eighteen years of age may participate in the campaign with parental or guardian guidance and approval.
To participate in the Campaign, the Participant must register at this link with the following details: Name, Contact Number, Email id, Gender and Profession etc.
- This is a life time opportunity for participants who wish to unleash a writer in them.
- The Write India initiative is the country’s first ever short story competition of this kind, providing a writing platform unlike any other.
- Participant may become a published writer under the tutelage of India’s most coveted authors.
- Each month our designated ‘Author of The Month’ will share a passage with Participants. Participants must develop that passage into a story.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, engagement, storytelling skills, use of language and structure.
- Submission of stories starts on 7th of each month and on 30th of each month.
- Results for each author will be declared 45 working days after the end date of submissions for that.
- TIL reserves the right to change the time duration of the Campaign and the date of announcement of the prizes and winners.
The Celebrity Authors for this contest are
- Ruskin Bond
- Jeffrey Archer
- Sudha Murty
- Manu Joseph
- Twinkle Khanna
- Shobhaa De
- Nikita Singh
- Namita Gokhale
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- Anand Neelakantan
August 2017 Challenge
The Celebrity Author for Aug 2017 is Ruskin Bond and the challenge of the month is given here.
September 2017 Challenge
The Celebrity Author for September 2017 is Jeffrey Archer and the challenge of the month is given here.
October 2017 Challenge
The Celebrity Author for October 2017 is Sudha Murthy and the challenge of the month is given here.
November 2017 Challenge
The Celebrity Author for October 2017 is Shobhaa De and the challenge of the month is given here.
December 2017 Challenge
The Celebrity Author for December 2017 is Chitra B. Divakaruni and the challenge of the month is given here.
January 2018 Challenge
The Celebrity Author for January 2018 is Twinkle Khanna and the challenge is given here.
February 2018 Challenge
The Author of the month for Feb 2018 is Nikita Singh and the challenge is given here.
March 2018 Challenge
The Author of the month for March 2018 is Namita Gokhale and the challenge is given here.
April 2018 Challenge
The Author for April 2018 is Manu Joseph and the challenge is given here.
- For 10 months, every month a ‘Winner of the Month’ will be awarded a prize that TIL decides.
- As the Competition draws to a close, the 10 winners will attend a unique Writers Camp and be mentored by some authors from the panel.
- The winning entries will also get published in the form of a book by Times Group Books, with a chapter each for the 10 winners selected by the Authors.
- The winner shall be informed about his/her selection through email / leader board section on the Campaign page.
There is no entry fee for participation in the Competition.
The campaign started on 7th July, 2017 and will conclude on 30th April, 2018.
For any queries, write to email@example.com for any more information or call 0120-6776999 (Ext: 7292, 7393)
For details visit the official website link given here.