World Press Institute Fellowship for Journalists [USA]: Apply by Feb 16
The World Press Institute fellowship is offered to 10 journalists from countries around the world. It provides immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country.
- At least five (5) years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
- Must be currently employed as a non U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Potential for leadership.
Terms of Fellowship:
WPI fellows are required to prepare for and participate in all briefings and all other scheduled WPI events. They must agree to stay for the entire program and to return to their home countries at the program’s conclusion.
WPI requires that fellows write for the WPI Web site, including the blog, WPI Reports, and submit up to three stories for WPI’s online partners during their fellowship. They are also encouraged to file for their readers, listeners or viewers back home.
Key Things to Submit Include:
- Applicant information.
- Employment history and education.
- Two essays are required as part of the online application. They are:
- Please describe your professional goals and achievements (in 200-500 words).
- Why are you seeking a WPI Fellowship? What do you expect to gain? What do you expect to contribute? (200-500 words).
- Color photo of yourself
- Work samples
- Awards, fellowships,
- Three letters of recommendation
How to Apply?
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018.
If you have questions, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details on the same, click here.
About the Author