Applications are invited from young artists and communicators for the World NTD Storytelling Competition 2021.
About the Competition
Entries can be personal stories; explaining to someone who has never heard about these diseases what neglected tropical diseases are, why people should care about neglected tropical diseases; why you believe that countries and the global community need to take action to end neglected tropical diseases. The idea is to be compelling and to inspire action! All entries should be framed as a global rallying cry to beat NTDs.
The competition is open to individuals or teams worldwide, all aged between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive) as of January 1, 2021. Each individual or team entrant may submit a single entry under each category – contestants cannot enter both as an individual and as part of a team.
There is no strict limitation on the form and content of entries, simply put together the most creative and compelling story you can – in English, or with English subtitles/translation included:
- Video – entries of up to five minutes length can take the form of vlogs, interviews, mini-documentaries or short movies etc.
- Audio – entries in this category should be up to five minutes in length, and can be pieces of music, interviews, poetry, narrative or speech etc.
- Digital – entries should be a single artistic or infographic image– drawings, animation, comic book, photos, posters, collages etc.
- Text – written entries of maximum 1,500 words in prose, poetry or reporting etc.
There are three winning prizes available in each category– 1st prize = $2,500; 2nd prize $1,500; 3rd prize $1,000. Alongside the twelve (12) winners, seven (7) other finalists in each category will receive certificates of recognition and a place in featured compilations.
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
- Entries close at 11:59pm GMT on Sunday, 17th January 2021 and entries will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges in the week of 18th January. Finalists will be contacted no later than the week of 25th January 2021.
- 40 Finalists (ten in each category) will be announced on January 30, 2021, as part of the World NTD Day celebrations, and have their entries featured as part of edited compilations at high-profile public policy events throughout the year. 12 Winners (three in each category) will then be selected by the judges, with public participation.
- The competition is supported by the Uniting to Combat NTDs partnership and the Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi and powered by Youth Combating NTDs. Entrants assign copyright of content by submission. Judging decisions are final.
Jan 17, 2021
For more details, click the link below.