World Nomads is looking for 3 aspiring travel writers to go on assignment in Portugal and be mentored by professional travel writer and contributor to The New York Times, Tim Neville.
On the trip you’ll attend a comprehensive travel writing workshop with Tim and witness the evolution of this age-old civilisation as it emerges as a hub for digital nomads and creatives. Then, you’ll be sent off to uncover the stories of the people who give life to the historical heart, sweeping coastlines and cobbled lanes of one of the oldest countries in Europe.
What you could win:
- International flight tickets.
- Professional Mentorship.
- 10-day Trip.
- Writing Guide.
- Rail Pass.
- Travel Insurance.
Your writing should showcase:
- Great descriptive ability (without getting flowery).
- A well-structured narrative and a strong eye for detail.
- Ability to uncover a great travel story and tell it in a compelling way.
- Excellent spelling and grammar and a knack for avoiding clichés.
How to Apply:
- Select your story theme.
- Write a travel story.
- Complete the application form.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2019.
The 3 recipients of the Scholarship, along with the shortlist of best travel stories will be published on 30 April, 2019.