Script it! All India Essay Competition 2018 on World IP Day [Prizes Worth Rs. 23.5K]: Submit by April 21
Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust in collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. presents Script it!™ 7th Essay Writing Competition to celebrate World Intellectual Property Day on April 26, 2018.
This annual essay writing competition gives young students an opportunity to understand the role played by intellectual property rights.
Themes of the Essay(s)
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the World IP Day theme i.e. Powering change: Women in innovation and creativity, for their essays and hence may contemplate writing on topics related to Intellectual Property, Innovation, Creativity, Women and role of gender in Intellectual Property etc. Some of the suggested topics are:
- Women Power in the field of Innovation
- Tackling Gender Bias in the field of Creativity
- Innovation and Creativity as tools for Women Innovators
- Innovation, Creativity and Women Empowerment
- Creativity is ‘MOTHER’ of all innovations: Bridging the Gender Gap
Last date for Submission: April 21, 2018.
- College and/or School students are invited to submit their essays focusing on themes relating to IP, Technology, Innovation, Importance of Science, etc., prior to the deadline of April 21, 2018.
- Qualified Experts and Judges appointed by Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays.
- Following this the winners will be announced in IP©onnect®, S.S. Rana & Co.’s weekly newsletter on April 26, 2018, World IP Day.
Rules for Participation
- The competition is open only to School and College students (Students graduating in 2018 can also apply);
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
- Name of the participant(s);
- Name of the Academic Institution;
- Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Copy of School/College Id-Card;
- Participants should mention “Script it!™ World IP Day – Sixth All India Essay Writing Competition” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English language only;
- Only a single entry will be accepted from one participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The competition is open to essays of up to 3,000 words for School students and 4500 words for college students. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in Bibliography and/or Reference, as the case may be, in proper 19th bluebook edition;
- Summary of the best essay will be published in IP©onnect® on April 26, 2018;
- The copyrights of the essay shall vest with Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Participants can also upload their essay(s) on the Script it!™ web portal at this link.
- All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format.
- The Awards would be given to students in two categories: a) College and b) School;
- Winners in the college category will be awarded prizes(s) worth INR 7,500 and winners in the school category will be awarded prizes(s) worth INR 5000, along with a certificate and an opportunity to author an article on any forthcoming issue of IP©onnect®of his/her choice.
- Second and third runner ups in the college category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 5,000 and INR 2,500 respectively along with certificates;
- Second and third runner ups in the school each category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 2,500 and INR 1,000 respectively along with certificates
- The Top Three Winners in the college category may be given an opportunity for a paid Internship at the Firm.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
For further information, please write to us at email@example.com or call us at +91-11-4012 3000.
- The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final.
- The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results.
- The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria.
- The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
- In case of tie or in case of co-authored articles the prize money shall be divided amongst the participants
For details, visit the official website link given here.
About the Author