IIT Delhi is organizing the Fifth World Congress on Disaster Management 2020 from December 9 to 12, 2020. WCDM has emerged as the largest global conference on disaster management outside the UN system.
World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM) is a unique initiative of DMICS to bring researchers, policymakers, and practitioners from around the world in the same platform to discuss various challenging issues of disaster risk management.
The mission of WCDM is to promote the interaction of science, policy, and practices to enhance understanding of risks and advance actions for reducing risks and building resilience to disasters.
In this backdrop, the Fifth World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM-2020) is being organized in New Delhi from 9 to 12 December 2020 to deliberate on three critical issues that pose the most serious challenges as well as hold the best possible promises of building resilience to disasters. These are Technology, Finance, and Capacity (TFC).
- Global Pandemics: Lessons Learnt in Prevention, Mitigation, and Management of COVID-19
- Emerging Technologies for Reducing Risks of Disasters
- Problems and Prospects of Technology Transfer for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Enhancing Investments for Building Resilience: Challenges and Opportunities
- Recent Trends of Official Development Assistance for Disaster Risk Management
- Capacity Development Strategies for Building Resilience to Disasters
- International Cooperation for Strengthening Capacity for Building Resilience
- New Innovations in Earthquake Resistant Housing and Infrastructure
- Early Warning of Hydro-Meteorological Disasters: Tasks Ahead
- Roads, Railways and Bridges: Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Making Power and Telecommunication Infrastructure Resilient
- Remote Sensing, GIS, and Drones for Disaster Risk Management
Call for Papers
WCDM 2020 invites researchers, policymakers, and practitioners to contribute papers for oral and presentations in different Technical Sessions of the Congress. Accepted full-length papers would be considered for publication in Scopus-Indexed Conference Publications.
- To submit your papers online, click here.
- Cite Abstract title, author(s) name, Affiliation and Contact details (email, mobile)
- Mention name and number of Technical Session for which the abstract is submitted
- Mention name of additional Technical Session proposed if any.
- Last date for submission of abstracts: June 25, 2020
- Last date for intimation of acceptance of abstracts: July 15, 2020
- Last date for submission of full-length draft papers: September 15, 2020
- Acceptance of full-length papers for publication: October 15, 2020
Phone Number: +91 8019905913
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Proposals: Indo-U.S. Virtual Networks for COVID-19 by IUSSTF [Grants Upto Rs. 50L]: Submit by May 15.