World Bank Scholarships Program for PhD Candidates from Developing Countries [Grant Rs. 17 Lakh]: Apply by April 25
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) provides support to developing country nationals who are PhD candidates in developing countries. RSMFP offers 6–10 months of funding up to $25,000 to conduct PhD research in a World Bank member country other than the Fellow’s home country or country of residence. RSMFP was established in 1982 with $2.8 million in funding from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and Yugoslavia.
The applicants must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
Amount of Scholarship
RSMFP provides up to $25,000 for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country.
How to Apply
The application must include:
- Application form
- An agreement to the terms and conditions for an RSMFP fellowship listed on the Application Form’s Signature Page
- A recommendation form by the host university research advisor
- A recommendation form by the PhD thesis supervisor
Two qualified reviewers independently review each eligible application to assess the following:
- Quality of the proposed fellowship (70%)
- Prospects for a productive career in research on development post-PhD (30%)
The last date to apply is 25 April 2019.
For further information about the scholarships, visit the official website.
About the Author