Entries are open for the World Bank Group #YouthOnCOVID19 Video Competition 2021.
During this pandemic, the remarkable creativity and innovation of youth-led initiatives in sectors like health, jobs, and food security are stories worth telling. These efforts prove that young people are critical in driving forward ideas and actions on global issues – and their voices deserve our attention.
The first round of the #YouthOnCOVID19 campaign heightened awareness of the challenges developing countries face in responding to COVID-19 and highlighted the specific obstacles facing young people.
This time around we aim to give youth in developing countries a platform to be part of the recovery bringing their ideas to the stage where decisions are made, the World Bank/IMF Spring Meetings.
- Participants must be between 18 years old and 34 years old. The #YouthOnCOVID19 campaign is not directed at minors under the age of 18 years old.
Submissions should include
Answer to the following question: How can youth in your country participate in a resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- The video must be no more than 1 minute long.
- No music or background noise.
- Simple background.
Entries will be judged by communication officials at the World Bank Group. The full names of the judges can be made available on request. Judging will take place during February and March 2021 and selected participants will be contacted in March-April 2021 by email. Entries will be judged against originality, creativity, and solutions presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Selected people will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
Terms and Condition
- By submitting an entry, you are giving your consent to the World Bank Group to use your name, quotes from your submission or reproduction(s) of your video, in part or in whole, in its media activities, publications (including the Internet/Web such as blogs), and social media channels and without expectation of compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future. Rights to edit copy where the publishers deem necessary is reserved although entrants will be fully credited.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
- All submissions in this Contest are public and not private communications. The World Bank Group is not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information used in connection with the social media campaign; or (ii) failures or errors which may occur in the administration of the social media campaign. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The World Bank Group exclude liability and entrants agree to release and hold harmless The World Bank Group for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property or for any claim arising as a result of your entry into the competition.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the competition through this link.
March 16, 2021
For more details, click the link below.