Applications are now open for the Young Professionals Program 2020, which is being jointly offered by The World Bank, The International Finance Corporation (IFC), and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA).
The WBG YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/ finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group.
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals who hold a graduate degree and are skilled in areas relevant to public and private sector development operations. These areas include economics, finance and political risk insurance in emerging markets, education, health, social sciences, infrastructure development, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource management, and others.
- Professional Experience: The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC, or MIGA. As part of the two-year curriculum, YPs undertake rotational assignments within their host organization, another WBG institution, and/or a field office, where they gain valuable hands-on experience in different areas of our business.
- Field Work: Young Professionals are likely to join colleagues on business trips to the field, also called ‘missions’.Peer Buddy: Before joining the World Bank Group, Young Professionals are assigned a buddy from a previous cohort, based on common professional interests and/or cultural background.
- Technical Buddy: YPs are also assigned to an experienced colleague in their unit, who acts as a “go-to person” for technical questions in their respective fields.
- WBG Mentor: Once settled into their jobs, Young Professionals can be paired with a more senior colleague or expert, who can mentor them on topics such as career options, rotation opportunities, and the overall organizational culture.
YPs are offered a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan, and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
- Born on or after October 1, 1988
- A Masters’s or doctoral degree.
- Specialization in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas (such as Agriculture & Food, Digital Development, Health & Nutrition, Loans, Equity, Climate Change, Gender, Energy, Water, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level.
- Fluency in English.
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- To be competitive, applicants should additionally: Display a commitment and passion for international development.
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills.
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries.
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
How to Apply?
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Resume/ CV.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Short Essays.Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only).
- Professional or Academic Recommendations.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
The World Bank Group is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. The safety of our current and prospective staff is our highest priority. As of now, YPP recruitment processes will continue as usual and will be modified to virtual platforms as needed. Candidates will receive related updates as the process moves along.