Submissions are open for the World Bank and Financial Times’ Blog Writing Competition 2021.
About the Competition
The World Bank Group and the Financial Times are organizing their third joint global blog/essay writing competition. This competition builds on the World Bank Group’s recent reports Realizing the Future of Learning and Reimagining Human Connections.
They are looking for your most inventive ideas, high-quality writing, and solutions to improve education outcomes beyond the pandemic.
Submissions should include:
- A strong blog or essay, that is no longer than 500 words.
- Your name, age, school, email, and country you live in.
- Photos, videos, visualizations that help support your story, are optional.
The winning entry will be published in the Financial Times (at its sole discretion) and the World Bank Group blog. Based on restrictions during the pandemic the World Bank Group will also find additional, virtual ways to honor the winner in April 2021.
Entries will be judged by a high-level panel comprised of senior officials at the World Bank Group, the Financial Times, and select partners. The full names of the judges can be made available on request. Judging will take place during February 2021 and winners will be contacted and announced in April 2021 on the World Bank Group blog and Financial Times website, unless a winner objected to publication of their name at the time of entry.
Entries will be judged against originality, creativity, writing quality, and solutions presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
Terms and Condition
- Entries should be original content and cannot have been previously published or lifted from other sources. By submitting an entry, entrants grant to The World Bank Group and The Financial Times Limited a worldwide, perpetual, non- exclusive, royalty-free license to copy, edit, publish and use the entry, in whole or in part, and in any way, including for publishing on the World Bank Group’s blog platform and, at the FT’s sole discretion, on ft.com, without compensation to the entrant. Rights to edit copy where the publishers deem necessary is reserved although entrants will be fully credited.
- Entries should be the work of the submitter and cannot be collaborative or written by a proxy.
- Participants must be enrolled in high school or a version of secondary education and should be between the ages of 16-19 years.
- Entries are only to be submitted in English.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
- The World Bank Group and FT are not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information used in connection with the competition; or (ii) failures or errors which may occur in the administration of the competition. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The World Bank Group and FT exclude liability and entrants agree to release and hold harmless The World Bank Group and FT for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property or for any claim arising as a result of your entry into the competition.
How to Submit?
Interested participants can submit their entries through this link.
Feb 16, 2021
For more details, click the link below.