MNIT Jaipur is conducting a five-day Workshop on X-ray Diffraction from February 10 to 14, 2020. During the workshop student will learn about how to use crystallographic software for phase analysis as well as crystal structure analysis, Rietveld refinement, estimation of grain size, lattice parameters, lattice strain, substitution/doping analysis, etc.
Further, the workshop will provide an apt opportunity to the participants to analyze their own research data and also clarify their doubts for better understanding.
The scope of this workshop is firstly to acquaint participants with a fundamental understanding of the theoretical basis as well as the practical applications of powder diffractometry followed by a demonstration of XRD analysis techniques. Secondly, to provide hands-on training to determine the crystal and molecular structure from the measured X-ray diffraction data.
The workshop will include 2 hours’ theory component and 2-3 hours of an exercise/assignment component (as needed) each day on the related topics. The tentative schedule of the workshop is as follows:
- Basics of X-Ray Powder Diffraction and Powder Diffractometer-Instrument Details
- Practical Aspects of Sample Preparation for XRD and Profile Fitting for Quantitative Analysis
- Peak Indexing, Calculation of Lattice Parameters, Estimating Crystallite Size and Lattice Strain
- X-ray Technique for Thin-film Study and Fundamentals of Rietveld Refinement XRD Simulation
- Rietveld Refinement Using Expert High-Score Plus and Analysis of Standard and Non-ideal Samples.
- There are no participation fees, and the maximum number of participants is limited to 40 students only.
- The participants will be selected based upon their statement-of purpose-filled in the registration form.
- A performance report/certificate will be issued to the successful candidates.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to register is February 3, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org