The objective of this workshop is to improve the quality and quantity of reports and features with scientific content in print media, by strategically empowering those who are interested with the cool tools, tricks and tips needed to engage the public with written text, photographs and pictures.
The workshop will have lectures, presentations, discussions, role-play, demonstrations, hands-on practice, feedback, mentoring and highly interactive sessions. Over 12 days, participants will learn to plan, schedule, do research, write, edit, rewrite and lay out reports, feature articles, and columns with visual materials designed to attract the eye, mind and heart of different target groups. By the end of the workshop, a dummy science magazine will be produced by the participants.
- Clarifying the structure of primary information sources in Science, Technology, Innovation.
- Widening and Deepening the scope of science writing to cover developmental issues as well as policy issues.
- Preparing the ground by examination of primary and secondary information resources and their limitation.
- Improving accessibility to new knowledge. Learning to distinguish between the stages of searching, researching, reading, reflecting before writing.
- Writing articles; introduction to structure and style; basics of editing and rewriting.
- Tips, tricks and tools for search, research, note taking and organizing information, writing and sub-editing – individual and group work with mentoring and feedback.
- Demonstrating the need to double check: what is projected as being scientific – To underline the need for a critical attitude.
- Cognitive tools to structure the ideas for better impact.
Who can Attend?
This workshop is open to Post Graduates and PhDs in any branch of science, as well as to post graduates in Mass Communication/Journalism, aspiring to contribute scientific content to print media in English and other languages of India.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The last date to register is November 15, 2019.
Phone Number: +91 (20) 25908000