The state-of-the-art barrier-maintained iCARE at IMTECH was established in 1988. It spreads over 30,000 sq. ft. and built in compliance with CPCSEA guidelines. The facility is registered with the CPCSEA vide approval No. 55/GO/ReRcBiBt/99/CPCSEA.
The course will provide both theoretical and practical training in the area of Laboratory Animal Science which will increase the employability and entrepreneurial potential of candidates for the Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Course curriculum will cover areas of basics of biology and husbandry practices of laboratory animals, Regulatory guidelines of CPCSEA/IAEC, Record keeping, Animal welfare, Breeding of laboratory animals,
- Environmental enrichment, Animal feed and nutritional requirement, Experimental techniques viz. handling, sexing, injections/immunization, blood collection, anaesthesia, euthanasia etc.,
- Surgical techniques, pre and post-operative care, Biosafety and occupational hazards,
- Diseases of laboratory animals, Genetic and health monitoring of animals etc.,
- Biostatistics in animal research and Import of laboratory animals.
- Focus on current needs of training in management of Animal Facility for the Pharmaceutical industry.
Who can Attend?
he content of the workshop has been designed to benefit the professionals (and future professionals) from the academia and the industries. Recent B. Sc. / M. Sc. / B. Pharma / M. Pharma / B. V. Sc. & AH / M. V. Sc. / M. B. B. S. / M. Tech / Ph. D students along with industry personnel shall be specially benefitted from the course.
- Students/Project Fellows/Research Associates: INR 8000
- Academics (Faculty/Staff/Scientist): INR 10000
- Pvt. Univ/Colleges (Faculty/Staff): INR 12000
- Industry: INR 15000
Registration Fee includes food, accommodation on twin-sharing basis and course material.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
Applicants are required to upload a word/pdf file with following information while apply online.
- Research experience
- Explain the reason for attending the workshop and how it will be useful for your research (about 200 words)
Phone Number: 0172-6665341
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org