This workshop will focus on the design and engineering of microbubbles for biomedical applications, such as ultrasonic imaging and drug delivery. Methods of microbubble synthesis, techniques for microbubble characterization, and issues related to microbubble stability and biocompatibility will be discussed.
The use of ultrasound and microbubbles for therapeutic applications, such as sonoporation, drug-delivery, clot lysis, and opening the blood-brain barrier will also be discussed. In addition to lectures, participants will also be exposed to laboratory sessions focused on microbubble synthesis and characterization.
- Expose participants to the fundamentals of microbubble engineering for biomedical applications
- Enhance understanding of the participants about the thermodynamics and kinetic processes involved in design and production of stable microbubble suspensions
- Demonstrate methods for acoustic characterization of microbubbles
- Introduce application of microbubbles in cutting-edge biomedical applications such as ultrasound imaging and targeted drug delivery.
- Introduction to Microbubble Engineering, and synthesis of microbubbles
- Microfluidic devices for the production of monodisperse microbubbles, Stability of microbubble suspensions
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of microbubble dissolution, Biocompatibility of microbubbles
- Synthesis of microbubbles, Size characterization of microbubbles, Centrifugal size isolation of microbubbles, In-vitro dissolution studies.
- Contrast-enhanced perfusion and molecular imaging with microbubbles
- Role of microbubbles in therapeutic ultrasound
- Phase-change droplets for microbubble generation.
- Students: INR 1,000/-
- Faculty: INR 2,000/-
- Industry/ Government lab: INR 5,000/-
- Participants from outside India: US $100/-
The fees include only Registration and Lunch. Accommodation is not included. However, accommodation can be made available upon request and on payment-basis, subject to availability.
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
- The last date to register is December 5, 2019.
Phone Number: 079-2395-2051 / 2053/ 2054