Workshop on Scilab for Teachers @ IIT Bombay [May 4]: Apply by April 30
Under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) of MHRD, IIT Bombay is organizing a one-day Workshop on Scilab on May 4.
About the Workshop:
The Spoken Tutorial project is also implemented successfully at IIT Bombay, with funding from NMEICT, MHRD.
It is now proposed to offer the highly effective Spoken Tutorial based ICT training to a large number of teachers, across the country, through the T10KT methodology, with Scilab training being taken up next.
Scilab is a Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS), created mainly for numerical computations. It uses the state of the art numerical libraries, such as LINPACK, EISPACK, and LAPACK, and hence, its results are highly reliable.
As Spoken Tutorial method offers hands-on practice, with 100% active learning, those who undergo this training will be able to start using Scilab immediately after the workshop.
Outline of the workshop:
The workshop will have two parts:
- About 3.5 hours will be used in Learning Scilab from Spoken Tutorials.
- About 30 minutes will be used to learn about the excellent Scilab content, developed by FOSSEE.
Who should attend?
- As this workshop is not subject-specific, teaching faculty from all domains (engineering, sciences), and polytechnic colleges and PGT of schools can attend.
- Teachers registered in a Masters or a Ph.D. programme, during their employment as a teacher, can also participate.
Prerequisite for the Scilab Workshop:
You must see the four short videos given by Prof. Kannan Moudgalya about Scilab and its benefits.
- Click here to watch on Youtube.
It is mandatory to see all the given videos before the workshop.
- Every participant has to pay Rs. 100 as the course fee to IIT Bombay at the time of online registration.
- On the day of the workshop, i.e., on 4 May 2019, they have to pay Rs. 400 to the Remote Centre that they would be attending, to defray the cost of organizing the workshop, lunch, and coffee/tea.
Click here to register.
April 30, 2019.
Call: 022-2576 4989/4983
Mobile No:- +91 8928168658
For further information, click here.
About the Author