About the Organiser
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
About the Workshop
The workshop on Scientific illustration will be conducted by Dr Ipsa Jain. She is a scientist by training and an artist by practice. She works on visualizing cellular and molecular processes for a wider audience. She collaborates with different institutions and writers to share stories of science. The workshop is supported by IISER Pune, National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Role of science visualization
- Scientific Illustration in communication and pedagogy
- History of scientific illustration
- Introduction to tools for making Scientific illustrations
- Research for identifying specimen or references
- Design tools in developing effective illustrations
- Undergraduates and Graduates who are interested in scientific illustrations.
- Basic drawing and coloring skills are essential for participation.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be selected for the workshop. In addition to the basic eligibility above, we may use other criteria based on the received applications to shortlist candidates depending on the number and quality of applications received.
- List of selected candidates will be displayed on Science Media Centre website of IISER Pune.
Venue and Timings of Workshop
- Time: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Venue: Science Media Centre, Guest House Complex, IISER Pune
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the workshop through this link.
Nov 8, 2019