Workshop on Sanskrit Learning @ University of Hyderabad [May 8-14]: Apply by April 30
The Department of Sanskrit Studies, University of Hyderabad is organizing a seven-day Workshop on Sanskrit Learning: Made Easy during May 8-14.
The central theme of the Sanskrit Learning workshop is Upavedas. Topics which will be covered in the workshop are-
- General introduction to four of the Upavedas viz. Āyurveda, Gāndharvaveda, Dhanurveda, and Arthaśāstra.
- Āyurveda theories and practices for health protection with special tips for summer
Sangītaśāstra and computational musicology.
- Indian traditions of economics: Vedic era to Kauṭilya’s era.
- Role of Sanskrit in understanding Indian cultural history.
Apart from these sessions, there will be training sessions to speak simple Sanskrit as well as reading sessions of general texts and texts which are related to the theme of this workshop.
- University of Hyderabad Students: ₹700.
- For other Students: ₹1000.
Lunch and tea will be provided for all participants. However, no accommodation will be provided by the organization team. Outstation participants may seek accommodation in UoH hostels/guest house on their own.
Registration will be limited to first registered 30 participants.
Click here to apply.
April 30, 2019.
Brijesh Kumar Mishra: +91 7838 772034.
Mridula Aswin: +91 9497 390716.
For more information, click here.
About the Author