High-throughput DNA sequencing technologies has revolutionized the research in the field of microbial genomics. In the last decade, several microbial genomes, and metagenomes of different ecological regions and plant microbiomes have been sequenced and analyzed using different computational techniques.
To explain the above techniques, IARI is conducting a NAHEP-CAAST sponsored Workshop on “Rhizosphere Engineering: Genomes to Metagenomes on February 10, 2020.
The workshop is designed to sensitize the students and young faculty members about recent advances and experiences of learned speakers in the field of rhizosphere microbiome and the scope of genomics and metagenomics information to usher in a new revolution in agricultural microbiology research. The workshop will provide ample opportunities for networking with the national experts from the academic institutions and the industrial leaders.
The main theme of the workshop is Rhizosphere microbiome profiling and function, Basis of microbe induced growth promotion, Microbial biostimulant, Metagenomics tools for deciphering plant microbiomes, Microbe induced plant defense, Endophytic microbiome of roots and suppression of plant diseases.
Who can Attend?
Faculty and M. Sc. and Ph. D. students of ICAR-Deemed to be universities/SAUs/CAUs/CUs/ other UGC recognized Universities and Research Institutes are eligible to apply. A maximum of 50 participants will be selected for participation in the workshop program.
How to Apply?
- The complete application form in the prescribed format forwarded by the Head of the institute or Department authority should reach Dr. K. Annapurna, Coordinator-Workshop, NAHEP-Centre for Advanced Agricultural Science and Technology (CAAST) on Genomics assisted crop improvement and management, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi.
- The last date to register is December 31, 2019.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by email on or before 5th January 2020.
- To download the application form, click here.
- Traveling allowances (by shortest route in III Tier AC Train ) will be provided only to student participants by the organizers as per the norms.
Email ID: email@example.com