Samvada in collaboration with Sambhaavnaa is offering a 5-day workshop, breaking down, exploring and re-thinking concepts of gender and sexuality in the context of development. The workshop will offer a space for participants to reflect on their own understanding and experiences of gender, sexuality, relationships, and marriage and link them to the development discourse. Using a methodology that works through self-reflection, critical social perspectives, and dialogue, the workshop aims to:
- Break down and explore the concepts and meanings of gender, sexuality, relationships, and marriage in our own lives.
- Critically examine the ways in which gender, sexuality, relationships, and marriage are placed within the development discourse.
- Examine the ways in which gender and sexuality (have) become markers of development.
- Explore the links that exist between our personal experiences of gender, sexuality, relationships, and marriage and the larger development discourse.
Who is the workshop for?
We welcome anyone who desires to constructively understand and engage with, some of the processes that attempt to explain the current narratives related to gender and development, on the basis of ideas/issues that have been mentioned above. However, preference would be given to people who want to work on these themes or are already doing so.
- What is Gender?
- Gender and intersectionality
- Gender and Development
- Understanding Sexual Politics
- Sexuality and Development
- Love, Romance and Relationships in the 21st Century
- Relationships in the context of development
- Some Reflections
- A Historical Perspective
- Marriage and development
Interested candidates can register themselves by clicking here.
Phone Number: 889 422 7954
Email ID: email@example.com