The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Puducherry is organizing a 5-day Online Workshop on Research Tools & Techniques from November 23 to 27, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Puducherry (NITPY), Karaikal, is an autonomous public engineering institute, declared as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under NIT Act, 2007. The institute was established in 2010 and nestled in the scenes of Karaikal, a coastal enclave in the basin of river Kaveri in the Union Territory of Puducherry. NIT Puducherry is having a campus spread around 258 acres in the villages Poovam and Thiruvettakudy of Karaikal.
Research is an endeavoring career to discover facts by the scientific and systematic investigation. The ultimate outcome of the research is to pursue knowledge, generation of new knowledge, and provide practical solutions to the problems faced by the human race.
Generally, aspirants enrolled for research activities are introduced to a course Research Methodology, in many academic disciplines such as health, education, psychology, social sciences, nursing, public health, library studies, management and marketing research, etc. Therefore, the course will be taught with different approaches and perspectives.
In this context, a 5-day workshop on Research Tools and Techniques specifically designed to provide hands-on training to the students enrolled for the research program recently, and those who face certain challenges to kick-start the process of research systematically. This workshop is focused on the topics complementary to the content mentioned in the syllabus, leading to a good beginning towards success.
- To train the student in their early stage of research, to carry out research activity using recent techniques in order to achieve a high degree of productivity.
- To familiarize me with powerful tools for literature survey and, management skills, ethical issues, etc.
- To provide the introduction to the key features of the readily available packages for computational studies and scientific writing.
- To give exposure to the software packages useful in preparing original visuals and illustrations.
- To aspire to the scholars with basic skill sets required for quality research output such as effective communication, and presentation, etc.
- Basics of Research tools and techniques.
- Searching skills for Literature survey.
- Literature management.
- Introduction to Maple and Mathematica, features, and applications.
- Effective utilization of online resources.
- Ethical challenges and issues
- Hands-on training for creating Visuals- Editing Image, drawing new digital art, etc.
- Basic data analytics
- Basics of LATEX technical writing
- Techniques of Scientific writing.
- Training for preparing a Scientific Poster.
- Dr. V. Arulmurugan, Pondicherry University – Karaikal campus.
- Dr. Narendra Gajbhiye, MNNIT Bhopal,
- Dr. B. Surendiran, NIT Puducherry
- Dr. Amrtha Bhide, NIT Puducherry
- Technical experts from Wolfram Mathematica
- Technical experts from Maple
- Professional experts on digital art
Who can Attend?
The newly re-enrolled Research scholars, Postgraduate students, and those who want to pursue research as a career from various educational institutes, colleges, and universities can attend this workshop.
The candidates interested to participate in this workshop are hereby required to pay a nominal registration fee of Rs 200/- through online mode, to the following account details: Account Name: NITPY Workshop/ Conference; Account Number: 37854338444; Name of the Bank: State Bank of India; IFSC Code: SBIN0070848; Branch Name: NITPY branch, Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal.
While making an online payment, the participants are requested to mention their name in the payment remarks to enable them to trace your payment in the bank statement.
To register for the workshop, click here.
The last date to register for the workshop is November 18, 2020. The requisition is based on a first-come-first-serve basis, with a limit of 100 participants. The participants will receive further details regarding the online platform, login credentials, and schedule after the closing of the registration. The attendees of the workshop will receive hard copies of the certificates to the registered address through post.
Mr. K. Satheesh Kumar
Phone Number: 9498866115
For full notification, click the link below.