About the Workshop
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) proposes to organize Research Methodology workshops in– Eastern (Bihar, Jharkand, West Bengal and Odisha) and Western (Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharastra, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagra haveli) regions for young faculty members/researchers working in medical colleges and health research institutions.
The objectives of the workshop will be as the following:
1. To explain the basic concepts in epidemiology and bio-statistics, related to research methods.
2. To provide training, in designing bio-medical and health research studies among
3. To undertake hands on exercises, through group work for refining the concept
proposals enabling them to develop into full proposals for seeking possible funding
Selection of Workshop Participants
Young faculty members/researchers of medical colleges, universities and research institutions of Eastern and Western States would be selected based on the concept proposals keeping in mind the disease burden in the interest of the local/ regional / state health priorities related to communicable diseases, non communicable diseases, maternal and child health, health system research, behavioral research etc. The concept proposals may be sent in following format:
2. Aims and Objectives (not more than two objectives)
3. Rationale/Justification (not more than 300 words)
4. Brief Methodology (include study population, sample size, study design, plan of
analysis) (not exceeding 800 words)
5. Tentative Budget (not exceeding Rs.15 lakhs for the maximum duration of 3 years)
6. Expected outcomes (not exceeding 100 words)
7. National relevance (not exceeding 100 words)
8. Brief bio-sketch of the Principal/Project Investigator (PI) (not exceeding 200 words)
and mention only five relevant publications in last 5 years.
a) Age of the Principal Investigator: 45 years or below
b) First time PI looking for Extramural grant.
c) The Young Faculty member (PI) must have ‘a regular position in the following Institute’ : Govt. institutions such as universities, medical colleges, State government health institutions, Private institutions such as universities, medical colleges having DSIR certificate
d) Researchers (PI) who have been funded for pilot and feasibility studies through their own institutes (intramural) may also apply.
e) Grants received for this program may not be used to support thesis or dissertation research.
To submit a proposal online, please follow the following steps:
1. Go to ICMR website.
2. Go to online scheme.
3. Select Extramural research proposal (OR) Go here.
4. Click on Register now for registering yourself as Principal/Project investigator (PI). PI already registered need not register again.
5. Use the user ID and password to Member Login and begin submission of proposal by clicking on advertisement.
6. Enter title of the call: Call for proposal under Young Faculty Development Programme Click on broad area as Research Methodology, select Research Methodology as discipline and submit.