NIT Durgapur is organizing a five-day workshop on workshop on Recent Trends on Remediation of Contaminated Water bodies and Soil during March 25-29. Register by March 22.
About the Workshop:
The 5-day workshop on ‘Recent Trends on Remediation of Contaminated Water bodies and Soil’ will offer a timely opportunity for knowledge exchange among professionals across three BRICS countries (India, China and Russia) to advance the management agenda for contaminated Water bodies and Soil in the local context, which satisfies the environmental compatibility, financial feasibility and social needs.
It will deliberate state-of-the-art remediation technologies, comprehensive ecological/risk assessments, and managerial issues. Local and overseas experts from different sectors including academic researchers, industrial practitioners, green groups, and governmental departments will be gathered to solicit scientific and technical inputs.
- Advanced wastewater treatment, waste management, and troubleshooting.
- Nanotechnology for water and wastewater treatment.
- Sensor and IOT based technology for water resource management.
- Process Biotechnology in wastewater treatment and environmental geotechnics.
- Environmental geotechnics and advances in-situ restoration of contaminated land.
- Experimental geochemistry and hydrogeology relating to the remediation of Contaminated Soil and Water bodies.
- Application of numerical methods and soft computing in environmental geotechnics, wastewater treatment, hydrogeology, and hydro-geochemistry.
Who can attend?
Faculty members of the Science & Engineering Colleges, Universities, Scientists and Engineers from R&D Institutes, Scientists and Engineers and Technical persons from industry and undergraduate and postgraduate students and Ph.D. students of the aforesaid organizations.
- Faculty, Scientists from Academic & Research Institutions: Rs. 5000.
- Industry Professionals: Rs. 7000.
- Students: Rs. 2000.
To register, send the scanned and completed application form together with the scanned copy of the DD/Cheque to bricsnitd[at]gmail.com.
Dr. Hirok Chaudhuri, Department of Physics, NIT Durgapur, Durgapur-713209, West Bengal
Mobile No.: +91 94347 89019, e-mail: bricsnitd[at]gmail.com.
For the registration form format and further information, click here.