The Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing an Online Workshop on Quality Research & Scholarly Publications in Social Science from January 18 to 22, 2021.
The institute came into existence on August 7, 1986, as Regional Engineering College Hamirpur in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was a joint enterprise of the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh. On June 26, 2002, the institute was awarded the status of the deemed university and upgraded into a National Institute of Technology.
This workshop is an attempt to address the issues related to writing and communicating research papers. Conducting quality research and documenting the same into a form that may be accepted for publication, are entirely two separate issues. Publication of a research work post its completion is an essential criterion for the recognition of both the researcher and the research work.
The workshop aims to train the participants about the systematic process involved in converting a particular research work into a publishable manuscript, which can be communicated to a reputed journal for publication. The workshop aims to enable participating researchers and scholars to plan and prepare research publications suitable for world-recognized journals (SSCI/ ABDC/ Scopus/ High Impact Factor).
Hands-on experience will be provided on important components of a research paper. Many important tips would be shared to deliver the content smartly in a shorter as well as long run in my career as a researcher and academician. Content of the workshop has been designed to avoid some pit-falls in the publication journey and become ready as a skillful researcher and author to match expectations of quality publications. The workshop would be useful for the professional development of faculties, trainers, researchers, and professionals.
- To gain an appreciation of what quality means in the context of academic writing.
- To familiarize the participants with the general structure and elements of a research article.
- To deal with the issues and challenges of preparing and writing a research manuscript suitable for publication.
- To understand the review process and to accommodate reviewers’ perspectives leading to successful publication.
- Introduction to quality research
- Writing impactful bibliometric review papers
- Instrument development
- Methodological issues
- Theoretical contribution
- Factors decide the quality of a research paper and ensure the acceptance of scholarly publications
- Art of research gap identification
- Writing scholarly articles
- How to select a journal for scholarly publications and to write a review for a journal
- Making powerful research presentations and defending research
- Writing effective case studies and teaching notes
- Teaching with cases: case position in the course
- Case class delivery
- How to engage through Simulations,
- Communicating research papers, R&R (revise and resubmit) issues,
- Plagiarism its Detection and Prevention,
- How to apply for research grants
- How to publish your book/ book chapter with an academic publisher?
You might also be interested in Online Course on Advances in Structural Engineering by NIT Hamirpur [Jan 11-15]: Register by Jan 6.
Who can Attend?
Faculty Members, Research Scholars, Post-graduate & Graduate students, Industry professionals.
Faculty from IIMs, IITs, NITs, IIITs, and State Universities will deliver the lectures.
Registration is compulsory for all the delegates. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Students and Scholars – 200 Rs + 2% transaction charges
- Academia and Industry – 500 Rs + 2% transaction charges
The registration fees can be paid via SBI Collect.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is January 11, 2021.
E-certificates will be provided to those participants who have attended at least 75% of the program.
Dr. Shampy Kamboj (+91)-8178014883
For full notification, click the link below.