IIT Jammu is organizing KHOJ-2019: Workshop on Physical Computing and Embedded Systems during June 24-July 5, 2019.
About the Workshop:
A two-week long summer internship workshop is planned at IIT Jammu. The workshop is open to post-secondary students from engineering as well as science background.
The objective of the workshop is to learn the fundamentals of physical computing and embedded systems, through a purely hands-on approach. Physical computing is an umbrella term used to describe a variety of computer systems such as cyber-physical systems, Internet of things and interfaces.
- Python programming.
- Elements of physical computing.
- Introduction to sensors and actuators.
- Data acquisition, processing, and visualization.
- PCB fabrication and soldering.
- Introduction to Embedded System Design.
- Arduino programming and system design.
- Complete project hardware and software design from grounds up.
Post-secondary students from engineering or science streams with interest in electronics and programming. Introductory background in programming, basic electronics, and digital
electronics is expected.
- Participants must make their own travel arrangements and no TA/DA shall be payable.
- Hostel accommodation is free and mess food would be available three times a day by paying Rs 150 per day.
- Participants must bring their own laptop.
- A certificate of participation will be provided to all participants who attend the entire workshop.
- Registration: Rs. 6000.
- Mess fee: Rs 1800.
Click here to apply.
- Deadline: 16th June 2019.
- Workshop: June 24 to July 5, 2019.